Capture Technologies for Zoom Integration
- To enable Zoom for Capture Technologies, you must be a Zoom administrator.
- You must have an active account on Capture Technologies Session Edition. If you do not have an account, please contact our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To enable Zoom integration within Session Edition, log into your account, click the Company Info menu item at the top of the screen, and click the “ADD TO ZOOM” button. Once you complete the Zoom authorization process you will be returned to Session Edition.
- You can confirm the integration has been started by viewing the Zoom logo within the “Integrations Enabled” column.
- Enable virtual for your event – Click the Events menu at the top of the screen, click on the ICON under the Edit column.
- Check the box next to “Allow Virtual Add-On” and click Save at the top right of the screen.
- Enable a Topic for Virtual – Point to the Edit menu at the top of the screen and click Topics.
- Edit an existing Topic, or create a new one, ensuring to check the “Allow Virtual Room” and selecting a “Virtual Type” (meeting or session).
- Create a Virtual Room for a Session – Point to the Edit menu at the top of the screen and click Bulk Session Edit.
- In the list of sessions, the topic you enabled for virtual will have a “Create Meeting” or “Create Session” within the “Location/Virtual” column. Clicking this link will create the Zoom meeting/webinar and change the link to the Join URL. NOTE: This link will be the Zoom Host join link which will start the meeting/webinar.
From this point, all attendees registered or allowed into this or any virtually enabled session or meeting will have a custom link to join the virtual session on their personal agenda. Clicking the link on their agenda will activate the Zoom software and join them to the meeting or webinar with no further registration or information supplied. All attendance information will be logged within Session Edition reporting for scan-in, scan-out, and dwell time.
Turning off Zoom integration for an Event
Uninstalling Session Edition for Zoom
- Log in to your Zoom Administrator account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Click Manage in the upper right of the screen and click Installed Apps from the left menu. Click the Uninstall button to the right of Capture Session Edition.
- Supply a reason, with details if applicable and select whether to allow Capture Session Edition to retain data.
- If data retention is not allowed, once uninstalled, Capture Session Edition will delete all Zoom integration data and this cannot be undone.
Most installation issues are due to either incorrect login credentials for Zoom or trying to authorize with an account that is not a Zoom Administrator. Please check these items to ensure a successful installation.
Virtual Session and/or Meeting creation error
Please keep in mind that if a meeting or session cannot be created, this is most likely due to a Host conflict. A single host can have many concurrent meetings (as attendees are allowed to join prior to host), but with sessions (Zoom webinars), a Host account can only have one session during that timeframe. You can view the available host accounts schedule to confirm a conflict by navigating to the Edit -> Virtual Host Schedule menu item. From there you can select each Host and view the schedule. Each Host account will be listed with their individual licensing the quantity limits.
To have conflicting sessions, you must have available Host accounts. If you cannot create the session, go to your Zoom account and add another licensed Host account.
I created another licensed Host account and I still can’t create the session?
You must refresh the Host accounts in Session Edition. Navigate to the Events menu, click the ICON under the Edit column. Click the “Refresh Hosts” link on the Edit page. This will load any new Host accounts you have created.
I can’t create a session and the error states “number of attendees”?
Your host account must be licensed for more attendees than the session capacity. If you view the Host license limits under the Edit – Virtual Host Schedule, ensure the host is licensed for at least that quantity. You can lower the Capacity of the Session to accommodate the Host license capacity, but keep in mind that any attendees over that number will not be allowed into the session.
Can I assign a specific Host to a specific session or meeting?
Our system automatically assigns Host accounts to meetings or sessions based upon an algorithm that decides which Host can handle the schedule time and/or attendee count.
Please contact us here.